Banner Ads are one of the most common and popular forms of advertisement on websites. Here are some tips on banners:
- According to Google's AdSense, the top-performing ad sizes are:
- 300x250—"Medium Rectangle"
- 336x280—"Large Rectangle"
- 300x600—"Half Page"
- 320-100—"Large Mobile Banner"
Read more from AdSense here.
- Make sure you have the main components:
- Company Logo for brand awareness.
- Value Proposition that showcases the product or service.
- Call to Action which prompts viewers to click on the ad.
- Keep the design simple. Likely, people will only glance at your ad for a second
- Create several banner ads with a similar theme or look. Use similar fonts, colors, images, buttons, etc. to provide continuity and familiarity.
- Frame your banner with a 1px subtly-colored border
- Cycle your banner every two weeks; the click rate on the same banner ad drops significantly after two weeks.
- Link directly to the page related to your ad—NOT the homepage. Nobody wants to plow through a homepage to get to what they want to see.